Flipped the sucker over, and got to work.
I started taking out staples... then I took out some more staples...
This next part is contains one of the few components I reused. It is the metal piece that attaches the sides or backs of chairs and sofas without showing seams. it has prongs and gets hammered in. Oh well, i will figure out what that is called some other time.
So, here is my advice for this whole process. after taking the whole thing apart, dont wait 3 weeks to put it back together. You will forget the order things need to go back on. I'm just sayin.
Starting with the arms, i placed one of the old pieces on to better understand how the folds went. It worked really well!!!
The Buttons for the arms presented a challenge. The fabric was too thick to fit inside the button, so I got creative and sewed and hot glued the fabric on.
The piping on the front and back also created a challenge... I dont currently have a sewing machine, and I was not about to hand sew the piping which i created with some hot glue and a little love, to the attaching piece of fabric. my next idea comes in: Hem tape. This worked well until I had to staple that piece of fabric to the bottom and it started pulling... hence exhibit A:
(I will fix this later.. more to come)
And now, presenting.... my first completed project!!!